Emergency Medical Responder is the most advanced level of training prior to paramedicine. The course standard meets theNational Occupational Competency Profiles of theParamedic Association of Canada (PAC).
A comprehensive 80-hour program designed for professional rescuers.
The course includes AED and health care provider (HCP) level CPR.
About this course
- 80 hour program with flexible
- 3 year certification in Emergency Medical Responder
- Includes CPR (HCP)
- Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation)
- Conducted by a certified Red Cross First Emergency Medical Responder Instructor
- Practical indoor and outdoor scenario based
Standard First Aid CPR-C or higher
100% attendance, evaluation on practical situation simulations (trauma- or medical-
based scenarios. Written exam (min. passing grade 80%)
- The Emergency Scene
- Body Systems
- Preventing Disease Transmission
- Primary Survey
- Enhanced Secondary Survey
- Measuring Blood Pressure
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Oxygen Administration
- Airway insertion, Suctioning
- Breathing Devices
- Cardiac Emergencies (CPR)
- Bleeding and Shock
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Injuries to the Head and Spine
- Spinal Boards, Cervical Collars, K.E.D
- Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Injuries to the Extremities
- Sudden Illness
- Heat and Cold Emergencies
- Special Populations/Crisis Intervention
- Crisis Intervention
- Reaching and Moving Casualties
- Multiple Casualty Incident
- Communications and Transport.
ActiveLife Adventure & Training is based in Colchester County and is owned and operated by Kevin Fitch.
Kevin is qualified as a Canadian Red Cross emergency medical responder instructor and works as a ski-patroller during winter time.
For a minimum group size we can arrange a course to suit your timetable and location.
CONTACT us for further information or to book a course.